Who We Are
Sanford Rose Associates® – Boston South Shore, established in 1995, is a specialized executive search practice that helps clients fill critical executive and management openings for biotechnology and bio-pharmaceutical companies. From privately held start-ups to established, public Fortune 500 companies, our clients have chosen to partner with Sanford Rose Associates because of our ability to find people who make a genuine difference in organizational performance.
What We Do
SRA works on behalf of client companies to search for and recruit highly qualified professionals; all fees related to the search are client-paid. In every search we establish a solid working relationship with the client company. This includes developing a thorough understanding of the position specification, organizational structure and company culture, as well as the client’s expectations for the prospective employee. We then confidentially search for the best candidates, using our extensive network of referral sources and our central database of previously identified candidates.
Our job at this point is twofold: To determine whether a person’s qualifications, interests and objectives are consistent with the opportunity; and to brief the prospective candidate on the position requirements. Only if we determine that there is candidate interest and appropriate qualifications, will we discuss the candidate’s credentials in full confidence with the client and arrange for an interview.
Once a mutual interest is established between the client and candidate, we become facilitators. Your SRA Consultant will brief you thoroughly on the client company, its key employees and decision makers, as well as the interview process. Your Consultant will assist in negotiating all aspects of any employment offer and will help identify any problems that may arise, working with you to resolve them. Counsel on cost of living and relocation issues also can be provided. SRA is not an employment agency, outplacement firm or advisor on career strategies. We counsel only on the opportunities associated with our active search assignments.
Most of the people we approach are not actively seeking new career opportunities in the job market. Frequently, they are qualified professionals in satisfactory situations interested only in having exceptional career opportunities brought to their attention for serious consideration.
Our experience strongly suggests that the most attractive opportunities typically present themselves to our candidates when they were not necessarily seeking a new career change. We recommend that in order to leverage your career to its maximum, you will probably make several timely job changes over the course of your working life. In order to do that most effectively, you are wise to give careful thought to your professional goals and what you must do in order to achieve them. You and your family, if appropriate, need to define your values with respect to your work and desired quality of life. If we are aware of your qualifications, goals and values, we can approach you with those opportunities that are consistent with your objectives.
How to Work with Us
As you consider exploring a career opportunity with our Sanford Rose Associates Search Consultant, please adopt the approach which we use ourselves: be entirely honest. Career development is a serious process. In exploring a career opportunity with your Sanford Rose Associates Search Consultant, we recommend that you keep some important points in mind:
- We strongly suggest that you do not use an opportunity that we have presented to you simply to establish your market value or facilitate a raise. This practice is risky and it is well- documented to be viewed as disloyal by employers and counter-productive in the long-run;
- Please openly share your values and career aspirations as well as any obstacles to consideration of an opportunity;
- Give us a complete description of your work experience;
- Confide in us by detailing your compensation, benefits and perks to avoid any last minute deal-breakers. Although salary information is a personal matter it is frequently a critical component of determining an overall career fit at the earliest stages of discussion;
- Provide us with solid professional references that are directly familiar with your work;
- Fulfill your commitments by calling us promptly after an interview because it is an important part of the offer development process;
- Send requested material promptly to facilitate a smooth interviewing experience;
- If you have concerns, tell us in a timely manner so we can handle them expeditiously; and
- Listen to our counseling because we generally know the client and his/her needs and can facilitate a triple-win with our insight.
Since honesty is of paramount importance to us, you may be assured that we will be sensitive to your personal needs for confidentiality and professional purposes as we address your questions and concerns.
Our ongoing relationships with our clients often provide us continued contact with candidates afer they are hired; therefore, our goal is only to create a stable, credible long-term fit. Encouraging an inappropriate career move would be contrary to our philosophy and counter-productive to maintaining good client relationships. Consequently, we will ask for your time only when a genuine opportunity exists.
Since 1959, our parent company, Sanford Rose Associates has recruited thousands of men and women to new, career-enhancing positions. We are experts in our field and understand how to match opportunities and varying company cultures to individuals’ skill-sets and personalities as well as anyone in the field. Your cooperation is vital to our success, and we greatly appreciate it.
Submit Your Resume: