The Sales Director has the overall responsibility of establishing sales targets, processes, training and growth opportunities to move the company toward its mission. Part of the strategy will involve a plan to help grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients as well as helping reposition us as a top event company in Los Angeles. The Director will manage the sales and team and be responsible for recruiting, hiring and training, as well as supporting the overall growth, budget and profitability of the department. This position will require a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, the competitive advantages we offer, and a working knowledge of the flow of events.
• Develop and implement an overall CRM and sales strategy.
• Develop a plan and supporting policies and procedures for customer order processing (event production lifecycle); Supervise and lead staff of account managers.
• Understand and optimize customer experience by maintaining relationships with key accounts, helping close new business, and influencing the process by which we engage in managing these relationships. Technology should help play a critical role in this moving forward.
• To provide recommendations for improving or adding new product designs and assist with product development and evolution of company services.
• Be able to look at inventory placement and determine how to move it for optimal use
• Oversees and verifies reporting of sales activities, including leads generated and tracking reports, sales orders, sales by product, backlog reports and customer lists and determines appropriate reporting frequency, such as weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
• Responsible for the overseeing pricing of projects by analyzing job profitability reports.
• Manage overall top line revenue and sales influenced budget categories. Will have the opportunity to create and influence these budgets.
• Research and build relationships with potential clients by leveraging network, attending client meetings, industry and company events, etc.
• Understand and have a pulse on the pipeline of business and report out.
• Develop KPIs and reporting systems to keep the Executive team apprised of business.
• Work with sales team and marketing to develop proposals and presentations that speaks to the clients needs, concerns, and objectives.
• Drive contracted business negotiations and pricing.
• Work with marketing to develop message maps and sales training.
• Develop plans to check in with customers and keep a pulse on customer satisfaction.
• Represent our Events in the best possible way to current and future fans.
• A self-starter who can take our vision and execute to it
• Can work in an entrepreneurial environment with changing priorities and high growth organization
• Enjoys a collaborative environment, but knows how to get things done
• Is energized in a flux, transitioning environment
• Education: College Degree
• Minimum of 7 years experience in sales
• Has managed a team of at least 10 or more people
• Ability to create high level budgets and manage departmental expenses
• Exhibits strong interpersonal and leadership skills when dealing with employees, clients, and in stressful situations
• Ability to recruit, hire and train employees
• Demonstrate trust and an outstanding reputation
This job offer is contingent upon the following:
• Completion of a satisfactory reference checks and a background check.
• Execution of an employment / noncompete / confidentiality agreement.