Do you enjoy travelling and getting paid to do it? This is a growing company that builds machines for the food industry and is adding to their Field Service support in the Winnipeg area. Candidates need to have hands on experience in Mechanical, Electrical, 3-phase motors and PLCs and additionally some Electronics.
This position is based out of your home office in the Winnipeg area, within 60 miles of the airport. This position will support clients in the Winnipeg area and other locations. Travel is possibly up to 2-3 weeks away at a time.
Why would I want to work here?
Growing and stable company
Ability to make good money
Expenses paid, overtime paid, per diem
Company is a world leader in their niche
Innovative front line technology
- Candidates need to be a citizen of Canada and hold a Canadian Passport. Will need to be able to cross over into the US as needed to work with customers there.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Install new or modified automation solutions at customer facilities and ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Perform all electrical, electronic and process tuning and setup.
- Analyze, evaluate, and diagnose equipment problems independently.
- Conduct customer-training sessions on utilization and basic operation
- Prepare and submit applicable field service documentation.
- Perform on-call, standby duty and travel as needed.
Ideal Candidate profile:
- 2 year technical degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, or industrial engineering is preferred but experience is taken into account
- Experience in electronic system troubleshooting.
- Experience in field service and customer support.
- Must have experience with 3 phase motors
- PLC experience, modifying and troubleshooting is required
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be familiar with AC/DC currents
- Must have experience with automated equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and flexibility to travel as required to domestic and international sites sometimes for 2+ weeks at a time, will need to be able and willing to travel on some weekends, average of 2 weekends a month
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, internal and external associates, and management.
- Candidates must live within 60 miles of the Winnipeg airport to be considered for the position.