Our client is a large Engineering firm that provides automation, control and information solutions to a variety of industries across the US and Canada. The company invests in their employees and provides a very challenging work environment where all employees are treated with respect and provided equitable compensation. They use a solid performance management system and a supportive leadership team to help all employees achieve their personal and professional objectives.
As a Business Development Manager, you’ll exceed sales targets by creating and cultivating business relationships within a defined set of target accounts, primarily focused on automation projects within the water/wastewater market.
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
- BDM’s will drive new and deepen existing business relationships with targeted external clients across focused industries and applications, using the internal ERP system and SalesForce.com to record sales activities and track pipelines on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Identify and develop relationships with manufacturers and distribution sales people to gain warm introductions in new accounts and leveraging these relationships to grow in existing accounts
- Participate in business planning and visioning by utilizing your market knowledge to provide direction, advice and support at Quarterly Management Meetings and Strategic Planning Meetings annually
What Qualifies You for this Opportunity?
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding sales quotas within the Industrial Automation industry, specifically with water/wastewater applications
- Engineering Degree or Diploma in Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronic or Industrial Engineering an asset
- Proven experience and established network of business contacts and clients within the General Contractor and Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) space
- Great sales acumen and understanding of common sales processes; formal sales training is an asset
- Strong leadership skills and ability to persuade others
- High integrity and commitment to delivering value to customers
- High familiarity with the types of technology in automation projects
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Motivated and passionate about working with people and overcoming challenges through collaboration and a win-win paradigm
- Strong business acumen and ability to determine long-term value
- Able to work within and achieve business targets and can effectively communicate the company’s strategies