Vice President, Technology Sales
The VP of Technology Sales is responsible for the direction and management of sales activities for the organization’s North American B2B business. The VP directs the development of sales plans, strategies, objectives, compensation, policies, and procedures that conform to broad corporate objectives; is accountable for the implementation of successful sales strategies and consistent sales target attainment; and manages field and inside sales activities and relationships with sales distribution channels for lead generation. Overall scope of the role includes complex tactical planning, strategic planning and successful execution, fostering productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including Board Members, Executive Team, Key Customers, Internal Sales Management Team, associates and others of criticality. The VP is responsible for comprehensive and multifaceted executive presentations and responses to various audiences.
- Directs the sales team, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth.
- Oversees budgetary and operation matters pertaining to the sales department.
- Defines optimal sales force structure and develops a competent sales team.
- Manages sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve defined sales targets.
- Cultivates key customer relationships and participates in closing strategic opportunities.
- Serves as a seasoned presenter to varied audiences such as senior executives of large companies, customers, prospects, board members, executive management, and so on.
- Participates as a member of the North American Executive Management Team.
- Sets vision and direction through resource allocation decisions for a significant organization or business unit.
- Executive responsible for multiple functions, departments, and/or geographic marketplaces.
- Develops and implements strategic plans and objectives for the organization in alignment with corporate strategy.
- Oversees direction and approves tactical administrative or operational policies and resource allocation decisions to ensure achievement of objectives.
- 10+ years of experience
- VP level sales leadership experience in a large software technology setting
- Annual sales revenue experience, $900 MM plus
- North American software and services experience
- Strong history of meeting sales targets