LTC company with 8 facilities wanted to grow to 30 facilities
Client Situation: LTC company with 8 facilities wanted to grow to 30 facilities and needed Regional and Corporate level positions filled quickly as they grew.
Candidate Solution: We were able to attract candidates from the top 10 LTC companies in the industry and placed the following positions:
- 3 Regional VP of Operations
- VP of Nursing
- VP of Clinical Reimbursement
- 3 Regional Clinical Reimbursement Specialists
- 1 Regional Clinical Reimbursement Float
- 2 Regional Clinical Liaisons
- 2 Regional Clinical Service Managers
Results: The placement of these candidates allowed this company to grow to 30 facilities within a 5 year period.
East coast LTC company who was in an acquisition mode needed a VP of Nursing
Client Situation: East coast LTC company who was in an acquisition mode needed a VP of Nursing due to a bad hire.
Candidate Solution: Within 14 days an offer was accepted by the candidate below:
Vice President of Clinical Operations: This VP of Clinical Operations is responsible for 53 Skilled Nursing Facilities.
- Achieved 22 deficiency standard surveys
- Decreased severity by 4% year over year
- Achieved an HDI of 1.10
Results: The candidate placed enabled the company to smoothly transition their new facilities into their portfolio with minimal employee turnover and increased profitability.
East coast LTC company needed a Director of Nursing to turnaround their 180 bed Skilled Nursing facility
Client Situation: East Coast LTC company needed a Director of Nursing for a turnaround for their 180 bed SNF that had a history of bad surveys and a tarnished reputation.
Candidate Solution: Within 3 weeks an offer was accepted by the candidate below:
Director of Nursing: This candidate has been the Director of Nursing in a 200 bed facility for the last 8 years.
- Has an average Medicare population of 30 to 35
- Has had an average of 2 minor deficiencies for the last 3 years.
Results: The candidate placed had 2 excellent surveys in 2012 & 2013. This has improved the facility’s reputation and increased the census thus increasing revenue.
A west coast LTC organization with 45 SNFs lost their Director of Cost Reimbursement
Client Situation: A West Coast LTC organization with 45 SNFs lost their Director of Cost Reimbursement just before Cost Reports were due.
Candidate Solution: Within 13 days from client contact we were able to introduce them to a candidate who worked with one of the largest LTC companies in the USA. The candidate below accepted their offer.
Director of Cost Reimbursement: Responsible for the direction and oversight over all functions related to Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement for 65 nursing homes located in 6 states.
- Supervised a staff of 5 reimbursement personnel responsible for the filing of 136 Medicaid and Medicare cost reports.
- Reviewed and analyzed potential effect of government regulations on financial agreements and contracts.
- Prepared Medicare RUG utilization reports used to identify process improvement areas.
- Conducted numerous reimbursement training seminars of local nursing home operators.
Results: The candidate placed allowed the company to get all reports filled on time and with accuracy enabling them to avoid penalties and loss of revenue.
East coast LTC company needed an Administrator for their 190 bed Flagship facility
Client Situation: East Coast LTC company needed an Administrator for their 190 bed Flagship facility that was loosing money because of a low census and poor budgetary controls.
Candidate Solution: Within 13 days we introduced them to the candidate below who accepted their offer.
Administrator: This is an Administrator/MBA with many years of both financial and clinical success with one of the most respected LTC organizations in the industry.
- Turned Four of her companies facilities around that were loosing money
- Achieved (8) deficiency-free Department of Public Health surveys
Results: This Administrator implemented budgetary controls based on the census and developed new referral sources in their immediate marketing area and now this is one of the most profitable facilities in the company.
East Coast LTC company needed a Regional VP of Operations
Client Situation: East Coast LTC company needed a Regional VP of Operations to turn around an underperforming region.
Candidate Solution: Within 15 business days we introduced them to a RVP who had worked with the top 2 LTC organizations in the US and had a proven track record for financial turnarounds
Regional Director of Operations: This is a Regional Director of Operations for 12 facilities with over 20 years experience in the Regional role.
- He has worked for the top 2 Long Term Care organizations in the US.
- One of his greatest strengths is mentoring Administrators in growing census with the focus on increasing Medicare population and managing budgets to increase revenue.
- He is also the President of the Health Care Association in his state.
Results: It took this candidate 2 years to turn this region around. For the last 5 years this regional has been no. 1 out of all Regions in the company.
A 140 bed privately owned Skilled Nursing facility needed an MDS Coordinator
Client Situation: A 140 bed privately owned Skilled Nursing facility needed an MDS Coordinator due to retirement. They had run ads with 0 success and they were running out of time.
Candidate Solution: Through our “Exhaustive Search Process” we were able to find an exceptional RN candidate who was traveling 60 minutes to work everyday who lived 5 minutes from our clients facility.
MDS Coordinator: This is an RN who is certified in MDS 3.0 and has been in the lead position for 6 years.
- This candidate was responsible for an average Medicare census of 30 to 35.
- Had a significant impact on the revenue by raising the CMI from .95 to 1.07.
Results: This facility was able to transition our candidate into the MDS position before their MDS Coordinator retired.