World’s leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems and automatic identification products for industrial and commercial applications needs Systems Applications Engineers with technical expertise in the selection and creation of Machine Vision Inspection systems for the Emerging Business Fields which include industries such as: Automotive, Consumer Goods, and Electronics. NOTE: Relocating to Minneapolis is not necessary for this position. Working remotely is an option.
- Machine Vision 3D/2D
- Sensor Fusion
- Data Collection and Data Management
Why work here:
- Global stable company with over 70 years experience in over 50 global locations!
- Known for innovative and cost-effective solutions!
- Caters to many industries within the Factory Automation, Logistics Automation, and Process Automation segments!
- Excellent benefits with low family insurance premiums!
- Competitive salary with 401k matching and profit sharing
- Work remotely from home in any major city!
- Provide Machine Vision and Quality Control applications and system support to the company’s Strategic Industry Teams, distributors, integrators, and customers.
- Provide product and applications support to the company’s internal sales teams, distributors, integrators, and customers.
- Increase competencies in the following technical areas: 2D/3D machine vision, data collection, data management and analytics.
- Drive communication and cooperation between global cross-functional teams to bring knowledge centers together to create solutions to customer problems.
- Prioritization of pre-sale activities based on customer potential and team input.
- Participate in customer discovery calls with industry team to uncover unmet customer needs.
- Support the creation of new systems for customers using the company’s current products and third-party technologies if required.
- Capture recurring customer requirements to recommend market solutions to address unmet customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred OR equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree a plus.
- Requires a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in either industrial automation or traffic sensing/safety.
- Requires a minimum of 4 years of experience in 2D/3D machine vision, RFID, Auto Identification Systems, Dimensioning and Weighing Systems.
- Requires experience in new product development, project management or new product definition with an orientation toward industrial automation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet applications
- PLC programming skills (Allen Bradley / Siemens)
- C, C++, C# programming skills a plus
- Machine learning and IT experience a plus
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to travel frequently by plane and/or car