Internet enabled devices are becoming a huge business in both consumer and industrial applications. Our client is a manufacturer of products that help devices get connected to industrial networks and the Internet. As their area sales manager your primary responsibility will be to call on channel partners, machine builders, systems integrators and end users.
Our client values the tremendous contributions of their employees, and recognizes it is people that make them successful. This is your opportunity to join this vibrant, innovative and welcoming culture, where they strive to support staff as they grow and develop both personally and professionally.
This is the position for you if…
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where every day is different
- Are a sales professional with an engineer’s mind
- Have a hunter sales spirit
- You desire autonomy and small company agility in a territory management position
- You like solving unique customer challenges with cutting edge solutions
As the Area Sales Manager you will:
- Solve customer challenges by leveraging the company’s product families with a primary focus on channel partners, machine builders, systems integrators and end users. To be successful in this role you should understand industrial automation application engineering, IIoT applications and technical sales.
- Manage the distribution channel in the assigned geographic territory, to include the Western United States and Canada.
- Exceed forecasts and assigned strategic territory objectives.
- Maintain a high degree of technical knowledge to allow in-depth technical presentations and discussions with customers and partners.
- Represent the company at industry events and meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in science, business technology or other industry-related or technology field
- One year of industry-related sales experience with a track record of success
- Working technical knowledge in industrial automation controls, industrial communication protocols, industrial Ethernet and TCP/IP technologies, PLCs, drives, HMI, I/O, instrumentation and other devices used in industrial control systems
- Proficient in basic networking fundamentals including IPv4, wireless LAN, 802.11, gateways, routers, firewalls, port forwarding, and other networking concepts
- Experience developing and executing a territory or strategic account plan
- Ability to listen to customers’ needs, architect solutions and present value proposition
- Experience selling engineered products and solutions
- Excellent communication skills and presentations skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to successfully multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Knowledge of and experience with industrial communications is a plus