Our client is a global company with over 22,000 employees. They operate shipping container terminals and ports around the world. To continue to improve supply chain efficiency, flexibility and dependability they are modernizing (automating) many of their terminals. The company offers tremendous career growth and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
The Project Automation/Interface Quality Assurance Test Expert will implement the Quality Assurance and testing plan for all new Automation/Interface integration based on company’s standard solutions. He/she will help to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, completeness of applications, and mitigation of deployment and operational risks in the automation and interface technologies used in all projects at their Long Beach, CA terminal.
- Verify system compliance with quality parameters and test plans that are in line with the project strategy, policy, and standards for infrastructure, platforms, and automation applications development.
- Responsible for testing of the test cases and properly documenting test results executed in the factory pre-commissioning testing, live equipment testing, and emulation testing.
- Responsible for ensuring all documentation deliverables (either from the vendors or delivered internally) meet sufficient quality.
- Support the knowledge retention effort by structuring relevant documentation in line with procedures set by Project Automation/Interface Manager.
- Monitor compliance by all contractors and suppliers to company safety standards and policies in cooperation with the onsite HSSE team.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Education – Degree from an accredited college in the field of Engineering, Information Technology, or related discipline
- Experience – Minimum of three to five (3-5) years in Quality Assurance or Testing role; relevant certifications in Quality Assurance and Testing is a plus.
- Must have exposure to different quality assurance and testing tools.
- Must have strong documentation skills with proven ability to establish and maintain quality and process documentation for both project implementation phase and post implementation operations.
- Must demonstrate good understanding of quality management, and escalation processes.