Our client is a global company with over 22,000 employees. They operate shipping container terminals and ports around the world. To continue to improve supply chain efficiency, flexibility and dependability they are modernizing (automating) many of their terminals. The company offers tremendous career growth and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
The Project Automation Interface Expert will be a member of a team responsible for implementing and validating the automation and interface technologies used in all projects at their Long Beach, CA terminal.
- Contribute to Automation implementation/validation while insuring compliance to the Technical/Technology Integration Framework and Functional Requirements.
- Help to ensure proper definition of technical automation interface specifications for new equipment, civil, IT Systems.
- Check proper integration of Automation Vendor Engineering solution into the overall Terminal Engineering documentation.
- Support to coordinate automation/equipment vendors during design, testing, installation activities, and required modifications after the handover.
- Check if automation systems and related documentation comply with contractual requirements, local standard and regulations
- Coordinate commissioning activities interfacing with suppliers and other departments
- Support simulation/emulation activities with internal and external counterparts to ensure smooth commissioning and start of operations.
- Define and run test cases to validate overall Terminal performance and specific Systems based on contractual requirements and operation requirements.
- Configure, test and maintain automation systems.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Education – Degree from an accredited college in the field of Engineering or related discipline
- At least 3 years of experience in Industrial Automation System Design and Testing
- Proven ability to establish and maintain automation and process documentation (functional requirements, test cases, wiring diagrams etc.etc.).
- SCADA and PLC programming knowledge
- Control Panel HW design knowledge.
- Automation Complex Design review experience