Greater Los Angeles Area
The Marketing Manager is responsible for championing the development and execution of short and long-term brand strategy and marketing plans that leverage consumer, culinary and customer insights, as well as future trends. The Marketing Manager will focus on delivering business/financial requirements, and leading cross-functional teams to ensure delivery of profitable new products, which meet consumer and customer needs.
Base Brand/Portfolio Management
Leads the development and execution of brand strategy and marketing plans. Provides monthly analysis in the areas of consumption, shipments and category dynamics — generates a monthly scorecard. Responsible for the planning and execution of trade and consumer communications. Works collaboratively across the company with other brand managers and cross-functional partners, leveraging the knowledge and expertise of others to meet brand objectives. Maintains solid understanding and manages all key issues that impact the business, while driving to meet business objectives. Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget.
Consumer Insights and Business Acumen
Analyzes retail, category, brand, consumer and competitive trends to understand key business drivers and make thoughtful recommendations to grow the business via portfolio optimization, innovation / renovation, distribution, communications, pricing and promotions. Collaborates with Marketing Leadership and Consumer Insights to lead primary research with the objective of assessing the needs and wants of our consumer to deliver innovative new product ideas, disruptive creative. Reviews Consumer Complaints on a monthly basis to ensure the voice of the consumer is being evaluated and addressed.
• Leads innovation efforts through the Product Development Process (PDP) by identifying new opportunities, building a case for launch based on consumer need and ability to enhance our brand portfolio while working with cross-functional partners successfully ushering new products from ideation to launch.
• Reviews and/or authors new product concept and initiates the PDP process
• Develop and submit RD + Creative brief
• Initiates idea screeners and packaging studies (as needed)
• Coordinates with Finance and Sales to determine optimal price structure
• Provide cross-functional leadership
• Leads the development of packaging (graphics) across the entire complete meals category for all classes of trade
• Passionate about fresh foods
• Bachelor’s Degree, MBA strongly preferred
• Minimum 4-6 years of brand management experience within the CPG industry (food strongly preferred)
• Strong analytic capability and attention to detail a must (Nielsen proficient)
• Excellent written and oral communication + presentation skills
• Adept at multi-tasking and time management
• Experience in corporate and entrepreneurial environments a plus
• Positive attitude!
• On-time launch of new products
• Flawless execution of project deliverables
• On-time timeline deliverables
• Brand or Sub-brand $ Sales and $ Sales growth
• Market Share
• Innovation Renovation Concept Scores
• Self-development goals