We are seeking a driven and creative leader to oversee all merchandise development and licensing activities for our company and potential future franchises. The Global Head of Merchandise and Licensing will play a meaningful role in developing and executing the strategy for our merchandise business and determining the overall go-to-market approach including: licensing strategy, channel management, and product and brand portfolio management. You will collaborate with other game dev and creative leaders to build and scale our IP, lead a diverse team of consumer products professionals (including artists and engineers), and manage a global PL. Responsibilities:
• Lead all aspects of the merchandise business, including licensing, product strategy, retail partnerships, direct channels, business planning, business development, team development, management and reporting.
• Partner with key stakeholders, across RD game teams, Regional leadership and Creative Development to align consumer products strategy with global franchise planning and execution
• Craft a multi-channel distribution strategy and execution that optimizes player experience while significantly growing product breadth, reach and access
• Establish a creative design process between in-house creative teams and licensees/partners that enables collaborative and effective product development
• Maintain an understanding of product lines, market dynamics, competitors, and licensee competencies
• Manage internal and external teams deal teams and be accountable for prospecting, sourcing, negotiating, and closing deals to ensure has the right partnerships in place to execute strategy
• Experienced: 15 years of Merchandising experience with 5 years of product and business leadership for major IP franchises developing direct and licensed products and managing agent relationships. You have scaled consumer products franchises and have led multi-faceted teams of creative, marketing, operations, and business colleagues.
• A Complete Leader: Equally at ease setting strategy and vision or rolling up your operator sleeves to drive product and financial planning and business development. You have led large and diverse teams and have a track record for supporting and developing talent.
• A Builder: Capable of building world class teams, recognized for driving alignment and momentum across complex organizations, and come with a reputation for cultivating positive relationships with the right external partners.
• Ambitious: You thrive in dynamic, entrepreneurial environments and embrace taking risks and challenging convention in order to drive creative outcomes
• In the Know: You are tuned in to the latest industry developments, and are knowledgeable of key product and licensed categories, manufacturers, and retailers across the global merchandise landscape
• Empathetic: You have a visceral understanding of what it means to love an IP and appreciate the care and nuance required to serve our highly engaged player community effectively