The Corporate Planning /Finance dept is at the intersection of all the departments of the company including, sales, finance, publishing, operations, product development, marketing, legal, etc. The dept interacts closely with these other groups to develop business model including market analysis, competitor analysis and PL modeling, and evaluate new projects for toy development The Financial Analysts role is to collect, analyze and summarize data on a timely manner to assist Controller to grasp the companys business status and support short to long term growth of our business.
Candidate should be qualified and knowledgeable about Royalty reports and tracking and calculations; reconciliations, payroll hourly and salary; and all General accounting plus strong analytical skills where numbers are concerned.
This position will support our Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Interact with various departments to develop, track and update budget/forecasts
• Assist with month-to-month, forecast-to-forecast, and full year variance performance reporting for managements and royalty reporting.
• Create P/L statement for each project communicating with related internal parties
• Collect data from various sources to generate and distribute business performance reports to key members of the company on a regular basis
• Assist to update companys midterm plan P/L statement
• Create and maintain database of accurate records of all volumes and variables to ensure current data is available for analysis
• Respond to ad-hoc requests
Skills and Abilities
• 2-3 years experience as a business analyst, financial analyst, or accounting assistant
• Ability to effectively use data and analysis to tell a story
• Strong Microsoft Excel PowerPoint skills
• Understanding of P/L, B/S, and C/F statements
• Keen attention to detail
• Logical thinking
• Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or related field