This is a great opportunity to grow with a well established and successful engineering and system integration company in a new facility in the St. Paul area. This position is part of the company’s Control Systems Engineering group, which includes projects in hardware design, software design, and machine start-up and commissioning. They also have a state of the art panel shop where they have complete control panel layout, assembly, wiring, and checkout.
Responsible for the development of new control systems as well as modifications, improvements, and/or replacement of existing systems. These systems include PLC/Drive/HMI system as well as upper level SCADA/DATA systems. The applications of these system range include industrial, process, and food/beverage processes.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Responsible for the detailed hardware design of electrical control systems including oversight of AutoCAD Electrical prints and selection of panel and field device bill-of-materials.
• Responsible for PLC, HMI and SCADA software development.
• Responsible for system start-up in the panel shop and field.
• Work collaboratively with other engineers and shop personnel to ensure that the system design meets customer requirements. • Conduct/Participate in client design reviews to ensure systems meet client expectations.
• Must be a team player and possess skills necessary to work with different disciplines and skill levels.
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
• 2 or 4 year degree in Electrical Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university.
• 2+ years of experience in Controls Systems Design.
• Seek out peer/mentor feedback on system design, software development, and team interactions.
• Availability to travel 15-40% depending on project type, size, and location.
• Competent in MSExcel.
• Exposure to MSWord, OneNote.
• Mechanical aptitude for industrial machinery.
• Experience with some or all of the following topics/vendors and their related software packages (as engineers develop more skills, this will be taken into account when advancement is under review); SCADA: IFix, Ignition, Labview, RSView, Wonderware,
- HMI: Panelmate, RSView, Magelus Drives: ABB, Reliance, Rockwell, Schneider Electric, Siemens
- Motion: Beckhoff, Kollmorgen, Rockwell, Schneider Electric, Siemens
- PLC: Beckhoff, Omron, Rockwell, Schneider Electric, Siemens
- Networking: N-Tron, Rockwell, Schneider Electric, Siemens
- Reporting: Crystal Reports, Transaction Manager, Vantage Point
• Experience with some or all of the following applications; Manufacturing Information Systems & Applications & Web Handling Processes