Want to work for a system integrator? Want to live in Florida? You’ve picked the right combo. In this job and location you will enjoy all that the sunshine state has to offer (like on state income tax, beautiful beaches, no snow) and company perks (like a flexible work schedule, only local/regional travel, challenging projects in a variety of industries).
What’s not to like? Love where you work and where you live – apply today!
Controls Engineer Duties:
- Collaborate in a team environment with project managers and system designers/engineers to develop effective programming solutions.
- Own the quality of the overall design, programs, machine interface and other key deliverables.
- Understand and provide input to overall project execution plan, requirements, and design risks.
- Review all designs for accuracy, thoroughness, and adherence to aligned scope.
- Determine and implement control requirements for both new and existing systems.
- Work closely with clients to develop clear understanding of process software requirements.
- Participate in design reviews and assist with submittal, O&M manuals, and training materials during project cycles.
- Communicate with customers to resolve open items or technical questions.
- Attend and provide input at technical meetings and discussions as defined in the execution plan/schedule.
- Programming PLCs of all types to meet the requirements of the project
- Assist with and/or develop complete SCADA/HMI solutions
- Travel to customer sites for field audits, commissioning assistance/trouble shooting, construction, installation and start-up support.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (BS) or Associate’s degree (AS) in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited college/university or other relative degree is a plus.
- 2-3 years of Siemens PLC programming experience using TIA Portal programming software
- Ability to write, modify and troubleshoot PLC and HMI programs such as Allen Bradley, Modicon, GE Fanuc, Motorola, a plus
- Practical knowledge and experience in analog and digital control.
- Ability to read project P&ID drawings and project specifications
- Understanding of industrial Control Systems applications is desired, including instrumentation and SCADA systems
- Experience with industrial PLC hardware design preferred.
- Experience with other types of software development is a plus.
Willing to travel. The majority of projects are in Florida so the travel is minimal and usually just a few days at a time. However, there are exceptions from time to time and occasional work throughout the Southeast.