Russ Hadick & Associates, inc has partnered with a Tulsa, OK for their Construction/Engineering Telecom Project Manager position
- Project Managers have ultimate/direct/individual responsibility for the execution and delivery of various telecom and engineering projects
- Will participate in, or have direct responsibility for the creation of project workplans and deliverable including scheduling, resources, recourse plans, interdependencies, timelines, critical path, etc.
- Will be the person with responsibility for directly working with users and lines of businesses (usually engineers and communication technology teams) for building relationships and understanding their actual business needs as it pertains to the projects
- May be asked to develop work breakdown structures (WBS) as a component for estimating time, costs, resources, materials, etc.
- Will provide direction for Project Coordinators (when used)
- PMP certification is a plus but not required
- Experience in managing and delivering projects using PMBOK
- NONE of the projects are IT
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Project Manager and dozens of projects delivered
- Extremely fluent using a Project Management tool (MS Project, Primavera, Clarity, ServiceNOW, etc.)
- Will have responsibility for tracking to budget and providing timely reporting relative to progress, budgets, goals, etc. (actual tasks of doing this may be given to or shared with a Project Controller)
- NOTE: None of these projects are software projects. They do NOT use AGILE in Telecom either. Rather, the nature of many Telecom projects are very “serial/sequential” in nature. They often involve procurement of equipment/hardware, scheduling of resources accordingly, results from other groups (engineering DESIGN), etc. So scheduling, WBS and critical path experience are the “TYPES” of project management and project plan/planning experiences most used. Many of these projects often have a component relative to regulatory compliance and have a construction-like and/or infrastructure nature.
- These projects are serial and repetitive in nature. So, hardware projects, infrastructure projects, engineering projects, construction projects are more applicable experiences
- Experience and success working with highly analytical/technical teams –these projects will be engineering/scientific related