Our client is an established regional public accounting firm located in the Newport News, VA area that provides a full complement of business and personal accounting, audit, tax and bookkeeping services.
They are in a major growth mode and are seeking a seasoned Audit Supervisor or Manager capable of serving in a lead role for corporate and NFP audit support. This position is considered pivotal in maintaining the highest possible level of credible assurance services. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent people skills to facilitate routine client and staff interactions and the ability to manage audit jobs with optimum realization and final deliverables. Promotion should be considered far more than an “opportunity,” but as an expectation.
Our client offers a collegial, enjoyable and productive work environment with competitive salary and generous benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and 401(k). Our organizational culture is defined by professionalism, mutual support and confidentiality. If these values are meaningful to you and you thrive in a team-based office environment, then this may be a great opportunity for you.
A successful candidate can expect to:
- Manage audit engagements from pre-planning and budget to final signature by the Audit Partner.
- Supervise all aspects of field work as well staff scheduling, data analysis and review of work papers.
- Coordinate client participation in the preparation and support anticipated during each engagement.
- Participate in developing and presenting engagement proposals to the approving authority for audits.
- Maintain a superior level of professional education and training, as well as public accounting memberships.
- Monitor all work in progress for both efficiency and effectiveness by assigned engagement staff.
- Contribute to learning initiatives with presentations and staff discussions intended to foster their growth.
- Assure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local regulations and audit guidance.
- Pursue practice development including community leadership roles and informational presentations.
Anticipated qualifications are:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and CPA credential complete
- Minimum of 6-8 years of primarily audit experience in a public accounting environment (Tax a plus)
- Supervisory responsibility for audit team and resulting final product
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and familiar with QuickBooks (“Engagement” a plus)
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to balance multiple priorities, meet deadlines and handle work-related challenges is required
- Attention to detail while maintaining a positive attitude and ability to establish rapport with people
- Team player (for real) with a “can do” attitude that can work in a fast-paced environment