Global leader and manufacturer of sensors, safety systems and automatic identification products for industrial applications needs an Applications Engineer for their Presence Detection products line. Preferred location is Chicago, IL
Why work here?:
- Technology leader for more than 70 years and with more than 50 global subsidiaries!
- Customers are in a wide range of industries!
- Competitive wages and an excellent benefits program – top 5% in nation!
- Work from home office!
- Providing technical expertise & support for the Presence Detection products including: Photoelectric & Fiber Sensors, – Inductive, Cylinder, Magnetic, and Capacitive Sensors, Registration & LG Sensors
- Specific focus will be on OEMs, limited Integrators & end users within the following focus segments:
- Automotive Car Manufacturing & Part Suppliers
- Consumer Goods Manufacturing
- Packaging, Handling, & Assembly Machine Builders
- Courier, Express, Parcel
- Storage & Conveyor
- Retail / E-Commerce Fulfillment
- Airports Baggage Handling
- Transport Logistics – AGC, AGV, Mobile Automation
- O&G Upstream, Midstream, & Downstream
- Chemical, Petrochemical, & Refining
- Provides assistance in 4 categories:
- Technical excellence
- Commercial excellence in national product management, sales support and customer engagement utilizing common tools (CRM, SalesPro, etc.)
- Collaboration in intra-subsidiary communication and with headquarters in assigned Business Units
- Business excellence with full support of portfolio related to revenue and margin, budget, and forecast commitments
- Product Management: assistance with product life cycle and product phase-out and some assistance with strategic assessment
- Support National Product Management resources in identifying and analyzing technology trends/developments and customer industry needs
- Provide pre-sale and post-production technical support inclusive of customer, sales, marketing, and other support needs. Support may be in-person or via telephone, WebEx/GoToWebinars meetings, email, and/or other forms of communication
- Conduct technical training inclusive of customer, sales, and other training needs. Training may be in-person or via telephone, WebEx/GoToWebinars meetings, email, and/or other forms of communication
- Support national product management resources with information on new product/extensions/customization ideas & potential and carry out local technical implementation
- Leverage tools to document use case and technical requirements. Manage the creation, review, and submittal of technical support documentation updates
- Collaborate with Sales and National Product Management resources as a joint selling team. Use the CRM system to document
- Support the product launch process to assure the successful introduction of new products into the sales channel
- Manage the design, development, and construction of demonstration equipment to support activities
- Technical competency within assigned Business Units inclusive of IO-Link, SOPAS, AppSpace, Safety Designer, and other protocols/software platforms. Basic knowledge in sensor integration, PLC programming, DCS & SCADA programming, networking, database management, Asset Management System (AMS) & Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) integration, and cyber security.
- IIoT technical support activities
- Customer technical support activities
- Application of diagnostic techniques to identify problems and investigate root cause analysis.
- BS degree in Engineering: Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering OR 4+ years of equivalent experience
- 3-5 years experience with installation of industrial systems in logistics automation, factory automation, or process automation
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Must be able to travel up to 75%