The Manager of Medical Staff Services will:
- Supervise, direct, and actively engage in the functions of the Medical Staff Services.
- Establish departmental goals and objectives.
- Be responsible for duties relating to Human Resources, budgeting, resource allocation, and all other operational aspects of Medical Staff Services.
- Assist the Medical Staff, Chief of Staff, the Chiefs of Service, and Committee Chairs in complying with the Medical Staff Bylaws, regulatory body requirements, and related administrative functions
- Monitor systems and procedures to ensure the proper and timely processing and maintenance of physician and allied health professional credential files.
- Coordinate Medical Staff Departmental and Committee meetings to facilitate communication of medical staff issues and resolution of those issues.
- Coordinate the Physician CME Program. Coordinate CME programs with outside vendors as needed. Report activities of the CME Program through the Credentials Committee.
- Communicate with and facilitate communication between the medical staff, hospital administration, and departmental management concerning issues of credentialing and individual physician performance improvement. Coordinate collection and presentation of individual physician PI at the time of reappointment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent human relations/management skills.
- Organized and timely in duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, or bachelors degree and relevant business experience. Master’s Degree Preferred.
- Credentialing experience required
- Hospital clinical experience preferred
- Teaching experience preferred
- Computer skills required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Two years progressively responsible experience in customer focused physician services/support related employment, in either a hospital setting or healthcare related field.
- Working knowledge of physician credentialing processes and requirements, with past supervision of physician credentialing processes preferred.
- Experience interpreting and working under regulatory guidelines.
- Previous experience desired in clinical staff, patient, and/or community education.
Our Client is a large hospital and is part of a national hospital system. The hospital has a strong leadership team and is the top hospital in the community.