Our client leverages nearly 40 years of engineering and manufacturing experience to produce high-quality hydraulic press systems for a wide range of industries and applications. They work in a variety of industries including aerospace & defense, energy/oil & gas, automotive, construction, agricultural and more ranging from small, independent manufacturers to multi-national corporations with global footprints.
Our client’s team is expanding and in need of an Electrical Controls Engineer, OEM to join them. This individual will be part of the engineering team to facilitate electrical and control engineering needs in the producing of our high-quality hydraulic press and automation systems.
- Develop electrical circuits and back panel layouts for our company products.
- Maintain knowledge and ensure equipment is designed to meet all applicable safety standards from NEC, NFPA79, ANSI and OSHA. Be able to demonstrate risk assessment skills and work with 3rd party NRTL firms to achieve certification on equipment when required.
- Design new product features, modify existing designs, improve production techniques and develop test procedures.
- Participate in product start-up.
- Develop manuals and training materials for equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, manufacturing or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years’ related technical experience.
- Expertise in programmable logic controllers (Allen Bradley, Micrologix, CompactLogix), HMI’s, motion control, PC control. Commonly used programming languages include: Allen Bradley RS 500 & 5000 Logix software, Factory Talk and Automation Direct software.
- Additional programming skills in Visual Basic, C++ and other platforms are highly desirable.
- Experience designing machine based Ethernet communication, data acquisition and remote machine accesses. Experience with older protocols such as DeviceNet and Profibus a plus.
- Superior technical ability and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with AutoCad electrical or Solidworks electrical design software.
- Ability to read and understand hydraulic schematics.
- Knowledge of NEC and NFPA 79 standards.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer focused.
- Team player.
- Committed to high quality.
- Must have the ability to travel (25% of the time)
- Competitive base salary, bonus and comprehensive benefits package