A global manufacturer of specialty chemicals headquartered in Northfield, Illinois, is hiring! They are located throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia. Founded in 1932, this company provides innovative chemical solutions for a cleaner, healthier, more energy-efficient world.
As the Corporate Process Control Engineer, you will travel internationally and provide process control engineering leadership for global capital projects during the feasibility, design, and construction phases. You will provide a cost effective process control engineering services while achieving HSE, operational, schedule and financial targets. You will also enforce the application of corporate standards.
This Process Control Engineer position requires and is responsible for:
- Proven skills in requirements gathering, design, configuration, integration and implementation of process control solutions for large capital projects including batch software, PLC / DCS systems, HMI packages, SCADA systems, and industrial PC networking technology.
- Knowledge of process manufacturing field instrumentation, technology and batch process manufacturing expertise in all of the following project phases: Requirements documentation, detailed design generation, implementation, system integration, testing and on-site startup.
- Team approach to project execution. Plans and coordinates technical design and engineering implementation of project work. Identifies the technologies to be used for new applications, and extensions of current architectures.
- Proven track record in programming leadership as well as the ability to develop and implement standard engineering practices, as well as provide detailed documentation upon project completion.
- This person will be the project technical lead and may be responsible for some project management activities.
- BS Degree in Engineering; Chemical (preferred), Electrical, Mechanical
- 6 – 15 years of experience.
- Experience in chemical industries is a plus.
- Proven experience with any PLC/DCS system and any HMI/SCADA system. Experience with Allen Bradley family of PLCs including PLC5 and ControlLogix and Wonderware software solutions including Wonderware HMI/SCADA, Data Historian, and Batch software is a preferred.
- The candidate must have the ability to work in an international, multi-lingual work environment and be fluent in English.
- Willing to travel internationally up to 50%.