About the Company
Our client specializes in providing international registered nurses to work on assignment in the United States. The organization presently has access to 90 hospitals that operate in 20 different States. There is a concentration of hospitals that organization supports that are based in the Appalachian area. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing international business.
About the Job
This position will support the nurses and clients in this region. The Account Liaison will serve as point of contact for international nurses on contract with organization from entry throughout contract completion and build relationships with client hospital leadership team and execute vertical selling strategies to increase revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Providing day to day support to clients in the assigned region.
• Oversee mobilization and deployment of international nurses.
- Transport nurse from airport to assignment;
- Acclimates nurse to new community and assist with necessary tasks such as obtaining Social Security care, drivers license, housing, etc…
• Interface with Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) as well as Unit Directors and HR at client hospitals dealing with orientation of nurses, any issues on assignment as well as transfer of nurses at the end of assignment across to other clients.
• The role requires regular car travel in region (Monday – Thursday three weeks a month).
• Within time the role will expand to including business development with hospitals to expand client base within the region
• Weekly payroll responsibilities
• Support Account Coordination (finance) with credit control issues at hospitals in the Appalachian region
• Maintaining back office CRM system
• Maintain consistent operating practices across region for which direction will be provided from the Charlotte, NC office.
• Provide timely & consistent operations reports to USA, General Manager in Charlotte, NC that will include client account issues, growth with client accounts and business development
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 years customer service with sufficient life experiences to execute in the position.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable dealing with hospital executives and other leaders
- Ability to execute vertical selling strategies to leadership team and grow revenue
- Ability to travel extensively throughout territory